Everyone has a story—this is mine.
Please note: the opinions I express here are solely mine at the time of writing, and may or may not apply any longer. If reading something that I've written in the past may change your opinion or thoughts of me, please proceed no further.Aakash Web Announcer plugin
by Shane Holden – October 13, 2011
I’ve been an eBay user for well over 10 years now and have never ran into someone trying to rip me off until recently. Two times in the past 2 months, with the most recent being below and taking place last night.
- Seller: Hi, it’s showing that u paid me, but you have a hold on the funds. I need the funds available to me so I can ship. Please release the hold so I can ship. Thanks
- Me: I’m not sure about a hold that you are referring to. I logged into my Paypal account and it shows no hold or anything. It just shows the payment to you as Completed. Is it showing that in eBay or PayPal? If you need to wait a few days for that to go away, I’m perfectly okay with that. I’ve never seen anything like it, and even though I do need the card asap, do what you need to do
- Seller: It is showing it in eBay. It showed the payment complete but it also has a negative transaction amount from you as if ur holding the payment. We can wait a day or 2 to see if it comes through. Or if there is a way you can cancel the payment and do it again maybe it will go right through. My only problem is I do all my Internet through my iPhone so I can’t print a shipping label from paypal. So that’s why I need the money to clear before I ship. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Me: I made the payment with a CC, so there shouldn’t be a hold at all. But like I said, if you need to hold it, no problem man.
- Seller: Ok I talked to eBay support, and they said your account is holding the money till you leave me positive feed back. They also said there is no way for either of us to cancel the payment to bypass the hold. So that leaves us with 2 options we can leave each other positive feed back to release the fund and I’ll over night the card to you as soon as it’s released. Or I’m sorry to say but I’ll have to cancel the whole thing cause there is no way I can ship without the funds… Sorry let me know what u want to do.
- Me: Actually, let’s just cancel the whole thing. If you’ll refund my money through Paypal, I’ll pick one up from someone else. I’ve never heard of a hold, never had a hold placed, and especially eBay, eBay doesn’t have anything to do with payment, just Paypal.
- Seller: Yeah that’s fine I can cancel. But I can’t refund I don’t have access to it. Let me figure out how to do this. Oh and by the way I was on the phone with eBay support I don’t have a message. But as soon as I can find out how to cancel this and untie your money I will. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Me: I’ve put in a claim with Paypal so that they can send my money back. I guess what I can do is just escalate it since you can’t really do anything with it, and they can get it done much faster. Thanks
- Seller: Well obviously you knew what you were doing, the hold was lifted and you took ur money back so thanks for waisting my time! Screw this whole eBay thing I’ll never be on here again!
Nice try buddy. I don’t know if things are just hard and for some people that justifies stealing in someone’s head, but it’s not right and never will be to steal someone’s money, no matter the circumstances.
Got something to say?! Go for it!
Note: This post is over a year and a half old. Although it's not a fresh post, feel free to comment or share your thoughts anyway. I read and enjoy every comment that is posted here.